Promise to Families:
- We will keep your children safe, secure and cared for;
- We will provide first-rate teaching in all lessons and strive for excellence in everything that we do;
- We will ensure that high standards in English and Mathematics are at the heart of a broad and exciting curriculum;
- We will prize your children’s creativity and individuality, and listen attentively to their views, opinions and feelings;
- We will be by their sides lending a hand as their self-belief and self-confidence grows and blossoms;
- We will ensure they leave primary education ready, willing and able to take the next step in their learning and the next step in their lives.
Communication between parents and teachers
At The Godolphin Junior Academy we pride ourselves on the strength of our communication with parents. We ensure that you know what is happening in school by the following methods:-
- Regular newsletters
- Letters home
- Home/School reading records
- Curriculum bulletins
- School App
What happens if you have a query about your child?
Please feel free to ask us about any concerns you have even if they seem very small. It is easier to deal with issues before they become major concerns.
If you have a concern about your child this is the line of enquiry you should follow
- Speak to the class teacher (although they won't be able to speak to you first thing in the morning, they will make an appointment to speak to you after school)
- Make an appointment to speak to a member of SLT through the school office
- Make an appointment to speak to the Principal at the school office
Remember teachers cannot sort out a problem if they don't know about it!
The following is the order of strategies that you should follow should you wish to make a complaint
- Talk to the class teacher
- Talk to the Year Team Leader
- Talk to a member of SLT
- Talk to Principal
- Make representations to the Academy Council personally , or in writing to
Mr. Chris Duffy
Chair of Academy Council
c/o The Godolphin Junior Academy