What is Colourful Semantics?
This is a technique which uses colour coded cards to help children to learn the important elements of a sentence, and how to join them together in the correct order.
Why we use Colourful Semantics
- Encourages wider vocabulary
- Makes sentences longer
- Helps answer questions or generate responses to questions
- Use of nouns, verbs, prepositions and adjectives
- Improves story telling skills
- Develops children’s reading skills
- Can be transferred to written sentences and written language comprehension
- Can be carried out individually or in small groups
- Encourages independence during lessons
The Colourful Semantics programme
Each stage in the Colourful Semantic programme starts with a different stage. This increases are children’s sentence skills and structure as they progress through the programme.
White-Tell me more?