As part of Godolphin’s affiliation with the Slough Schools Sports Network, we have been hosting Healthy Minds sessions on Wednesdays, for an hour. Some of the benefits of providing regular Healthy Minds sessions in schools are:
- reduces stress and anxiety
- boosts confidence and motivation
- improves self-awareness and relationships
- improves memory recall
- increases intelligence
- helps develop a clear, sharp mind
- improves decision making and life choices
- turns negative thinking into positive thinking
- provides time-out for pupils to relax, and learn to still their minds and body.
The sessions are delivered by a qualified practitioner, Romina Mandozzi. The aim of the sessions are to help create Healthy Minds for a Healthy Future: "together we can make a difference."
The children have been extremely enthusiastic and engaged during the sessions and teachers have commented that the children return to class noticeably calm, focused and ready to learn.
A huge thank you to the Slough Sport Network for providing the sessions.
Our children have learnt breathing exercises and techniques, in order to keep them calm and relaxed.
They have also focused on Brain Yoga (this promotes mind clarity and inner peace).