Free School Meals
Does your child qualify for Free School Meals? Is your child missing out? School meals will give your child a real appetite for learning and help them to achieve their full potential and have better concentration in class. The delicious and healthy menus on offer contain HALAL meat and vegetarian choices.
Your child may be entitled to FSMs if you receive one of the following:
- Universal Credit (provided you have an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400, as assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods)
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guarantee element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you're not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
Savings for your Family
If you are currently paying for your child's school meals, you could make a saving of around £350 per year if your child qualifies for FSM.
Our school will receive extra funding
For every child registered for FSM, the school will receive £488 per child to spend on extra resources. This can be spent on enriching your child's learning by providing help with things such as school trips. Even if you don't want your child to have the school meals, if they qualify and are registered, the school still gets £488.
How to apply
In order for the school to receive extra funding we need to have your child registered as having FSM as soon as possible. You do not have to provide evidence of your income to support your claim, as the School will check all details through the Department for Education's Free School Meals Eligibility checking system, or click on the link below to apply directly.
Or complete the form below and email to email@example.com or hand into the school office for the attention of Mrs Lakha.
When children eat better they do better. Register now to make sure your child and the school don't miss out. If it is your right to claim FSM please contact the School Office. All information regarding Free School Meals is kept confidential.
If you have any questions or need help in completing the application form please contact the School Office.